Have you ever worked in MS Exchange server environment? Have you come across OST file issues? OST file is a crucial file for any Exchange server client. OST is a copy of all the data of a user mailbox. There are certain chances when you cannot rely on internet connectivity or when it is server downtime like matter then, it is not easy to access emails in offline mode in Outlook environment. Such stances forces to import OST file into MS Outlook PST file. Suppose Exchange server is crashed and you failed to access Outlook data, this will create a trouble for you. In such scenarios, if you move OST file in PST then matter can be managed easily.
What leads to convert OST in PST?
Due to several below mentioned causes, one gets into trouble and look forward to move OST in PST. Go through the below given unanticipated situations:
- MS Exchange Server Crash: The unexpected crash of Exchange server because of power failure, virus attacks, malicious software etc leads to high trouble. Due to server crash, you failed to connect with MS Exchange server anymore. Such scenarios are unexpected and bring huge data loss if quick action is not taken. Exchange server crash can also bring errors in your offline data file.
- Exchange server Downtime: Exchange Server maintenance or Exchange Server downtime makes your mailbox data inaccessible. The problem is, when you are in high need to access mailbox data and such issue appears then what to do is the main query. Due to Exchange downtime, you failed to use OST file anymore which works in synchronization with Exchange Server. Thus, the option is left is to convert OST file in PST to gain data accessibility.
- Move to a New Work Environment: Import OST file into MS Outlook is a need when your organization is shifting from one place to another. In such a case, you need to take away crucial data on new PC.
- Pesky Error Messages: Sometimes, below mentioned error messages cause a trouble and users feel that saving OST in PST as the best option.
‘The operation failed due to a registry or installation problem. Restart Outlook and try again. If the problem persists, please reinstall.’
- Another error message while not working in a networked environment and system consisted of OST file
- cannot be shared at all.
- “ComputerName is the computer name on which installation of Microsoft Outlook has been done and FolderName is the name of the folder that includes the offline file.”
Choose Third-party Software For successful OST to PST Import: For converting OST file in PST file, make use of the reliable platform such as OST to PST Converter application. This is a unique tool that aims to convert OST file in PST file without losing any single file in mid of the migration process. As there is no direct manual method present to migrate data from OST to PST; such tools can be boon for the users.
Have you got a blog? Not yet? Click here to register one for Free!